|Wednesday, February 23rd, 2005|
11:35a - Tofurky Jerky
The last time we were at Whole Foods, I picked up a small pack of Tofurky Jerky for the culinary experiment. This morning, I finally tried it out.
I expected it to be an inferior substitute for beef jerky; I expected it to have the wrong texture and less beef flavor, but I wasn't too worried, because so much of the flavor comes from smoke and salt and seasonings anyway.
These expectations were borne out from the first few chews--but then there was a vile and disgusting taste that made me spit it out in revulsion.
This is not a culinary improvement over being hungry.
(5 comments |comment on this)
4:29p - 10 Things
I'm following the meme. Here are 10 things I have done that you might not have (organized in chronological order):
1. Skipped a grade (which is probably far from unique)--in the middle of a school year.
2. Took a reading improvement class... and nearly failed.
3. Was the highest-scoring competitor at the 1988 Academic Decathlon National Championships.
4. Skipped my high school graduation to go to a math contest.
5. Visited all 48 of the Continental United States.
6. Improvised a stretcher in an emergency situation.
7. Worked for a time toward a double major in Computer Science and Feminist Studies.
8. Been a member of the elite cabal advising development on Illuminati: New World Order. (Though at least two of my LJ friends have also done this.)
9. Made and served a dinner featuring french fries in every course.
10. Made and served a dessert using SPAM.
(10 comments |comment on this)