Ralph Melton (ralphmelton) wrote,
Ralph Melton
ralphmelton

Oy Vey

I didn't mention this bug when I discovered it on Friday:

Resetting statistics for a ProfileSet is a time-consuming operation. The changes Nick and I made last summer helped a lot, but there's still still significant I/O of opening and closing databases, and I/O is slow. Resetting statistics consumes at least a few seconds.

On Friday, I discovered that the annotation engine code was resetting statistics every time it created a filter, instead of doing it only once--and an analysis tree will have a few dozen filters.

Today, I started the day by changing that code to reset statistics lazily, so it resets only once. It should speed up the loading phase dramatically.
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 4 comments