A little on the small side--we had about 25 people show up. We had a much higher contingent of Apple folks than usual--8 or so. I hope they return for future parties. We had fewer SCA folks than usual, though.
We had a small musical contingent, which overlapped with the Apple folks in a happy way.
I felt very pleased with the food results, but that may be happy accident more than perfect planning. (In particular, a few of the people who usually bring food did not.) Here's what I remember of the spread:
- A small Giant Eagle veggie tray. About half eaten, or less.
- Soy-flaxseed tortilla chips and salsa. All eaten.
- A large (the $16 size) sausage and cracker tray. Mostly eaten.
- Corned beef, brought by Lori's mother. I thought this would not be eaten, but it was completely eaten.
- Lori's mint chip brownies. Mostly eaten. The leftovers were eaten at my office the next day.
- Lori's Irish Cream cupcakes. About half eaten. Also eaten at my office the next day.
- mini potato pancakes (from a frozen bag) with smoked salmon and sour cream. This was a really tasty dish, and quite easy. Mostly eaten.
- Spinach Artichoke Squares. About half eaten, which is surprisingly low for that recipe.
- Rice Krispie treats from Lori's aunt. About half eaten, but they keep.
- Orange-flavored cookies Lori had made for her sister's wedding. About half eaten, the rest eaten at my work the next day.
- Gingerbread in a shamrock shape, served with a whiskey sauce. This was a fabulous combination, and just about all the gingerbread was eaten. Unfortunately, I made about twice as much whiskey sauce as the gingerbread required, and I used up most of our whiskey doing so. We did run out of whiskey.
- Crab dip, brought by Lori's sister. Mostly eaten, I think.
- A salad brought by another guest. Little eaten, I think.
(When I brought the brownies, cupcakes, and cookies to work the next day, it happened that other people brought in store-bought cookies and store-bought brownies in as well. But even though Lori's cupcakes were in the fridge and the other cupcakes were out in the open, Lori's brownies and cupcakes got eaten in preference to the store-bought ones.)